RE: changing presentation of links

From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 15:06:59 -0500
To: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
[Roger wrote]

  Many developers now remove the underline from links, and some change the
colour of links from the default blue. I know from my observations this can
make the pages harder for some people to use.

Technique G183 deals with this issue:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20120103/G183

It indicates a need for the following:

1.    Sufficient color contrast between link text and surrounding text
(very limited range)

2.    Underline or other visual indicate on focus

Jonathan