*From:* randomlife67@gmail.com [mailto:randomlife67@gmail.com] *On Behalf
Of *David Ashleydale
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:18 PM
*To:* Lea Verou
*Cc:* Charles McCathie Nevile; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; Samantha Bird
*Subject:* Re: Contrast ratio 4.5:1 applies to rollovers?

Hi Lea,

I think it's probably safe to say that any text on any page should strive
to at least meet the sufficient color contrast standard. I agree that
sometimes there is a need to have a visual element "pull back" from
everything else because it can be visually distracting to have everything *
"ON"*. But I think that can be done in a way to ensure that everything is
still readable by everyone.

Thanks,

David