RE: Recursive Links in menu bars

From: Jan Eric Hellbusch <hellbusch@2bweb.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:21:47 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

thanks for your thoughts.

> 2) If the user has a slow connections, he/she don't have to wait to re-go
on the
> same page (maybe he/she mistakenly clicked).

That was one of our discussion points, especially considering keyboard

* If somebody accidentally follows a recursive link, then he or she may have
to navigate back to the link position and - for example follow the adjacent
link. For keyboard users that could be "tedious".
* On the other hand, if there are enough cues for the current item (visual
and textual) then users should be aware of the fact, that the highlighted
item is a recursive link.

We weren't sure whether both (or only one) of these aspects are relevant.

Jan Eric Hellbusch
Tel.: +49 (231) 86436760 oder +49 (163) 3369925
Web: http://2bweb.de     Twitter: www.twitter.com/2bweb
Das Buch über barrierefreies Webdesign:
"Barrierefreiheit verstehen und umsetzen - Webstandards für ein zugängliches
und nutzbares Internet"
812 Seiten, Dpunkt Verlag (2011)