Re: Recursive Links in menu bars

From: Walter Dolce <walterdolce@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:44:55 +0200
To: Jan Eric Hellbusch <hellbusch@2bweb.de>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi all,  Should menu
items that refer to the current page be linked or not?

on regard about what Jan Eric Hellbusch had said, in my opinion I would
not-link the item that refers to the current page and, at the same time,
maybe I would add a title explaining that the user is in that (current)
page.
For example:

or (maybe better?)

An other reason, maybe for "technical" is: because the user is already in
that page he/she don't need (and/or maybe for market or whatever reasons
don't have) to re-click to re-open the same page. This could have at least
two benefits:

1) Saving bandwitdh.
2) If the user has a slow connections, he/she don't have to wait to re-go
on the same page (maybe he/she mistakenly clicked).

Of course, the item on the menu showing off the name of the page (or
whatever) I think should be highlighted, like Jan in his second example
placed the <strong> tag. This is for me a good way-to-do.

What do you all think about that?

Thanks Jan, thanks all in advance,
--
Walter Dolce,