Re: how to complain about inaccessible Web sites and browser bugs

Jennifer Sutton wrote:

> If people have problems with a site, I encourage you to contact the
> organization directly and help the organization to find a general
> solution, rather than a browser-specific work-around.

That may work with very small organisations.  For large organisations,
you will be lucky to get past the first line contact centre person, and
if you do, you will end up as an entry in a software faults database
that never gets actioned, because management consider it a lower
priority than any of their more pressing issues.

The only way you will really get beyond the first line is if there are
so many independent reports that the first line person starts to notice,
or they begin to show up in the management statistics.

The primary job of first line contact centre people is to try close out
complaints with no more expenditure than the cost of their own time.

--
David Woolley