Re: F3: Failure of Success Criterion 1.1.1 due to using CSS

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 12:43:38 +0100
To: "Kornbrot, Diana" <d.e.kornbrot@herts.ac.uk>
Cc: Neil King <Neil.King@visionaustralia.org>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Kornbrot, Diana
<d.e.kornbrot@herts.ac.uk> wrote:
> How I HATE vendor specific
> Microsoft & freedom software producers of JAWs are mega & disgraceful
> exploiters of people with visual impairment

All browsers add vendor-specific CSS features.

Microsoft are involved in the group looking at standardising a feature
along these lines.

They've been first past the post in introducing an implementation.

I'm hardly a big Microsoft fan, but I think their behavior is
commendable in this instance.

By contrast, WebKit on Windows doesn't even honor system high contrast settings.

> Are there any sourceforge aids for high contrast sprites etc?

Since standardisation is a whiles off, such aids are likely to make
use of vendor-specific features like the one Microsoft have introduced
for some time.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis