Developing with Accessibility (DevAcc)

From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@smart.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 07:36:44 -0400
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Let me make sure that folks are aware of the "Developing with
Accessibility" event (DevAcc for short) on September 6 - 7 (Thursday -
Friday) at the Federal Communications Commission in DC.  It is a free
event with developer trainings on creating accessible mobile apps, web
sites, webinars, and ebooks.  There will also be dedicated rooms for
work on coding projects with others.  a web site, email list, and IRC
channel exist for collaboration among developers before, during, and
after the event.

More information is at

As part of the organizing team behind the event, I can also help to
answer questions about it.