Re: Slides of my WAI-ARIA presentation at SpainJS event

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:58:29 +0100
To: Chaals McCathieNevile <w3b@chaals.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Hi Chaals,

>I think pretty much all browsers allow activating click events with the
keyboard, and will add things if you give them a tabindex. So adding
specific keyboard >handling is probably redundant if you're just using
click (mouseover, focus, and various other things are still not so good).

I think you are right, but need to take into account keyboard behaviour for
things like buttons, which require activation on space key press as well as
enter key

see
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2011/04/html5-accessibility-chops-just-use-a-button/for
more details.