Re: Slides of my WAI-ARIA presentation at SpainJS event

From: Chaals McCathieNevile <w3b@chaals.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:47:08 +0200
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 22:29:30 +0200, Ramón Corominas
<listas@ramoncorominas.com> wrote:

> Hi all, and apologies for cross-posting.
>
> Last Saturday I gave a presentation in the SpainJS event about creating
> accessible apps using WAI-ARIA. The idea was to show JS developers that
> accessibility is an essential component to achieve quality coding, and
> the potential of ARIA to create more accessible apps.
>
> I've uploaded the slides here:
> http://ramoncorominas.com/spainjs/

Nice :)

> Comments, suggestions or corrections are welcome (smile)

I think pretty much all browsers allow activating click events with the
keyboard, and will add things if you give them a tabindex. So adding
specific keyboard handling is probably redundant if you're just using
click (mouseover, focus, and various other things are still not so good).

I'd be interested in learning if that is not the case...

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals - standards declaimer