Re: any suggested alternatives to accessible version

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:29:22 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Of course users do need to know what it means. Then they can determine
if they should follow that link or use that version.
In a general sense, 'accessible' means  something to which access is
allowed  or permitted.
But in the context we allude to it means content is accessible to PWD
/ users of AT.
I have been asked this question before and my response has been one
cannot hope to convey the intended meaning in a single word. One has
to be specific then, like
"Accessible (WCAG-compliant)"
"Accessible Section 508-compliant)"
This will prompt the user to  find out what WCAG / Sec 508 etc. mean
in the context of accessibility and  increase awareness of the term
in the long run.
Besides, if there are two versions, the accessible version should be
rendered by default and the user should have the option to navigate to
the 'standard' version.
Sailesh Panchang
www.deque.com