RE: Converting html to pdf with java

From: Adam Cooper <cooperad@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:36:27 +1100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi George,

The question is not whether it is possible, but why would you bother.  The
majority of PDFs on the web are derived from electronic source documents, do
not utilise the content security features offered by the platform, and
creating accessible PDFs is time-consuming, incurs time and monetary costs,
and is beyond the skill level of most casual content creators, so I struggle
to find compelling reasons why there is a need to use PDF at all, especially
when there are tools and methods in existing non-proprietary technologies
such as (X)HTML, CSS, and JS etc. which offer comparative content securing
and (print) formatting functionality.