BAD accessibility demo updated - share the news

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:56:09 -0600
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear WAI Interest Group Participants,

The W3C WAI Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) has updated:
	Before and After Demonstration (BAD) at

BAD is useful for presentations, for learning about specific web accessibility barriers and their implications, and as an example of conformance evaluation reports. BAD shows an inaccessible website and a retrofitted version of the same website with the accessibility barriers fixed. BAD has in-line notes ("annotations") for you to get more information, and reports that list the accessibility problems for each page.

*We welcome your help telling other presenters, developers, teachers, trainers, and advocates about BAD*. Sample wording that you can use for your own blog posts, newsletter articles, etc. is available in a Promoting BAD wiki page, under “Draft blog posts, newsletter blurbs, etc.” at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Promoting_BAD
(If you write a blog, newsletter article, or such, please let us know by sending e-mail to wai-eo-editors@w3.org )

Comments: We have a 'wish list' for improving and expanding BAD in the future – such as adding WAI-ARIA, video, and scripting. We welcome your input. Please send any comments or questions on BAD to the publicly-archived list: wai-eo-editors@w3.org

Acknowledgments: BAD was developed and updated as part of the European Commission-funded WAI-TIES and WAI-AGE projects. Thanks also to contributors listed at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/demos/bad/acks.html

Feel free to circulate this message to other lists; please avoid cross-postings where possible.
Short URI to this archived e-mail: http://bit.ly/BADshare

~Shawn Henry, EOWG Chair, WAI Outreach

Shawn Lawton Henry
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)