Re: title attributes on links

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:37:51 +0100
To: Harry Loots <harry.loots@ieee.org>
Cc: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>, Glen Wallis <glen.wallis@gmail.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Harry,

Providing a control with an accessible name is a level A requirement:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#ensure-compat
using label or title provides a programmatically associated accessible name
for a control. The information is provided by the browsers through the
accessibility API Dragon can access this infromation, if it does not expose
it to the user its a bug in Dragon, not in WCAG 2.0.

The use of title is only recommended under specific circumstances when a
visible label would be redundant.

example:

regards
SteveF