Re: title attributes on links

From: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:35:00 +0200
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi, Steve and all.

Yes, I know the technique, but I still on't understand well why the
title is valid to calculate the accessible name in the case of form
controls, but it is not valid to calculate the accessible name in the
case of images. Why is it a "last resort" for images but a "sufficient
technique" for form controls?

This makes me think that this is not a consistent behaviour for an
attribute. If @title is not intended to convey the accessible name, it
should work the same for any element, maybe as a "last resort", but not
as a recommended technique. There are other techniques that work without
relying on this "last resort" option, so why should we recommend this?

Regards,
Ramón.

Steve said:

> The title attribute is a suitable method to provide an accessible
 > name for a control in limited circumstances

and also: