Re: title attributes on links

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:41:27 +0100
To: Ramón Corominas <listas@ramoncorominas.com>
Cc: Glen Wallis <glen.wallis@gmail.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi Ramon,

>Which makes me wonder why it is acceptable (and even promoted) to use the
title instead of a <label> for form controls. Don't we have >techniques to
hide labels preserving their accessibility?

The title attribute is a suitable method to provide an accessible name for
a control in limited circumstances [1] and it only considered OK if there
is sufficient default visual information also available.

[1] H65: Using the title attribute to identify form controls when the label
element cannot be used http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H65.html

regards
SteveF