Re: Using Heading to Replace Skip Links

In which case, if that's how you see it, you can interpret WCAG 2.0's SC
as only being fulfilled if a page has skip links. That's the beauty of
WCAG 2.0 ... it's so open to interpretation :)

However, this does open up more interesting discussions: if the
functionality is available, but only if users have a particular
browser/extension/AT, is it a pass or a fail? The argument seems to be
that it should work everywhere, regardless of what software the user
has. Taking it to extremes, does that mean a site should be usable by a
visually impaired/blind user when they're not using a screen reader?
Should we then require sites to be self-voicing? A strawman, admittedly,
but this goes to the heart of "accessibility supported".

On 09/05/2012 10:09, Rajiv Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In plain English, I think that, without browser extensions, user agents provide no method keyboard method to skp past headings on a page. Skip links at least aid the keyboard user without the use of any add-ons to provide this feature. This, of course, helps someone with a mobility impairment.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajiv

Patrick H. Lauke