RE: [w3c-wai-ig] <none>

Hi all

I totally agree with Emanuelle - let's try to be as inclusive as possible.  After all, we are after 'best practice'.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around scoring for this label question when I'm doing quantitative analysis using a WCAG 2.0 checklist.

Let's try to understand this:
If a form, such as a search box, has no label, or title then it fails 1.3.1 (ST H44)., 2.4.6, 3.3.2.  and 4.1.2 (because the connection (which isn't there) is not programatically determinable)
If it has a title, I've been following this discussion and it would seem to pass 1.3.1. as H65 uses title attribute as a ST
but...
If there is a label and it's not programatically determinable ("label for"), then it passes 2.4.6. (ST G131),  and 3.3.2. (ST H44) but not 1.3.1. or 4.1.2.
Also, if there is a title only, then it would fail 4.1.2. as the title relationship to the form is not programatically determinable.

Is that right, or have I missed something here?  I'm always open to correction.

Regards

Vivienne L. Conway, B.IT(Hons)
PhD Candidate & Sessional Lecturer, Edith Cowan University, Perth, W.A.
Director, Web Key IT Pty Ltd.
v.conway@ecu.edu.au
v.conway@webkeyit.com
Mob: 0415 383 673

This email is confidential and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by return email or telephone and destroy the original message.