Re: Web video accessibility

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:46:59 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
>>Does it support video description?
> You mentioned the idea of opening a script document for those users that
cannot see.
> I suppose you propose that idea so that a screen reader could be applied
on said document.
> What do you think about the idea of overlaying audio clips instead?
That is, just like there is
> timed text (annotations), one could have audio clips that are played at
given times when
> needed to describe what's going on?
> The video playback could be paused during these audio clips in order to
prevent mixing with the video sound.

I would recommend talking with folks at WGBH/NCAM and IBM Research - Japan
about their work
- see http://www-06.ibm.com/jp/accessibility/events/nict/pdf/WGBH.pdf
Video Description Workshop

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,
IBM Research - Human Ability & Accessibility Center