RE: Accessible content management system

I'll add my +1 here. I have come to the point long ago where end-users
*MUST* trump conformance: for example using ARIA in HTML 4 or XHTML1 is
"non-conformant" and will fail a validator test. So what? Remove ARIA to
get a conformance badge? Or include ARIA for improved accessibility and
fail the validator?

The choice is transparently clear to this camper. A validator is a useful
tool to ensure you've not made a total mess of your source code, but it is
no guarantee what-so-ever of an accessible site - at best validation hints
that the developer cares enough, and so likely there will be few access
issues.

Ian, you are far from alone here.

JF