Re: Popups

From: userite_richard <richard@userite.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:01:01 -0000
To: "Andy Laws" <adlaws@gmail.com>, "WAI Interest Group list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
It need not be a bad idea, it just depends upon how you impliment it.
Remember that the pop-up almost certainly takes the focus away from the current window. Blind users will not know this unless you tell them AND provide a clear method to close the pop-up and return the user to the point immediately after where the pop-up activated.  Also remember to provide a text based alternative for those who do not have javascripting.

Richard