RE: Popups

From: John Colby <John.Colby@bcu.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:47:21 -0000
To: "Andy Laws" <adlaws@gmail.com>, "WAI Interest Group list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
	Because people are warned about them - http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-popups
	Because of their association with scams, viruses, malware, sites using popups are 'less trustworthy'
	Users with sight or cognitive problems - http://soap.stanford.edu/show.php?contentid=47
	(And personally) if they insist on using popups I'll go away.

John Colby BA PGCE
Senior Lecturer, Business Skills Enhancement, Department of Accountancy and Finance
Room F100, Feeney Building, Birmingham City University,
City North Campus, Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU
T: +44 (0) 121 331 6937 M: 07872 559800

*	Blog http://johncolby.wordpress.com/
*	Tweeting at http://twitter.com/JohnColby and http://twitter.com/BCUBusiness