internet usage by people over 60

From: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:02:27 +1100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
For those who might be interested I have posted the results of the recent
online survey about how and why people over the age of sixty use the
Internet and mobile (cell) phones.

I will be discussing the results of this research in a paper, "Improving Web
Accessibility for the Elderly", which I am presenting at CSUN 2011 on March
16. http://www.csunconference.org/index.cfm?EID=80000300
ail&LCID=4676&ECTID=0> &p=380&page=scheduledetail&LCID=4676&ECTID=0  The
paper will also outline some of the issues older web users have with font
size and colour, and canvass various options for how they might be

Roger Hudson

Web Usability

Ph: 02 9568 1535

Mb: 0405 320 014