From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Roger Hudson
Sent: Tue 01/03/2011 09:02
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: internet usage by people over 60

For those who might be interested I have posted the results of the recent online survey about how and why people over the age of sixty use the Internet and mobile (cell) phones. http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/mature-age-ict-users-online-survey-results/

I will be discussing the results of this research in a paper, "Improving Web Accessibility for the Elderly", which I am presenting at CSUN 2011 on March 16. http://www.csunconference.org/index.cfm?EID=80000300&p=380&page=scheduledetail&LCID=4676&ECTID=0  The paper will also outline some of the issues older web users have with font size and colour, and canvass various options for how they might be addressed.

Roger Hudson

Web Usability

Ph: 02 9568 1535

Mb: 0405 320 014