Re: Costs of Accessibility?

From: Katherine Mancuso <kmancuso@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:13:12 -0800
To: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>
Cc: "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu>, "Sims, Glenda L" <gsims@austin.utexas.edu>, Lainey Feingold <LF@lflegal.com>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I think my point has been missed.  I was not, in fact, asking for advice.  I
was giving a use case with which I am intimately familiar (the large
enterprise) where in fact accessibility has a nontrivial cost, and
explaining some of the questions that I have to ask with respect to cost and
some of the data I might need, since many people seem to be opining that it
should cost nothing more than regular webpage production.  I believe this is
the sort of use case in which Lainey and the DOJ are interested.

-Katherine

Katherine Mancuso: crusader of community art, social technology, &
disability

Current work:
[redacted]

Research:
Center for Assistive Technology & Environmental Access (http://www.catea.org
)
Georgia Tech, Digital Media (http://dm.gatech.edu)

Community:
The Vesuvius Group: metaverse community builders (
http://www.thevesuviusgroup.com)
Gimp Girl Community Liaison/Research Fellow (http://www.gimpgirl.com)
Alternate ROOTS: arts*community*activism (http://www.alternateroots.org)

Contact in the web, the metaverse, the world:
http://twitter.com/musingvirtual
http://muse.dreamwidth.org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathymancuso
SL: Muse Carmona