Re: accessible images (diagrams)

Régis Diniz wrote:

> The idea is that diagrams like this:
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/ER_Diagram_MMORPG.png
> must be accessible to them.

Starting from a decorated bitmap makes things difficult, especially
where there are subtle colour distinctions, without corresponding shape
distinctions.

You really need to start from a vector form of the image, e.g. SVG.

For an entity relationship diagram, like this, the really best approach
is probably one of the standard textual formats for database schemas.

> We've been searching over the internet for solutions like a software
> that would convert the image into tactile graphics or something like

No.  The important thing for this is the topology, not the individual
shapes, and, as noted, you are trying to process an image which is not
in its original form, or shouldn't be in its original form.  Unless this
is actually an on the fly conversion from SVG, etc. Wikipedia shouldn't
really have accepted this image, as the standard position for open
source files is that you should use the natural format for editing, and
I hope they didn't create this graphic directly with a bitmap editor.

--
David Woolley