Top posting (and full quoting) (was Re: New: Perspectives on Accessibility)

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:11:38 +0100
Cc: "John Foliot" <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, "Roger Hudson" <rhudson@usability.com.au>, "Phill Jenkins" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: "Jamal Mazrui" <Jamal.Mazrui@fcc.gov>
On 20 Oct 2009, at 16:52, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
> FYI -- Blind computer users tend to find top posting to

I've heard this before. I'm amazed that screen readers and email
software haven't developed to a point where they can cope yet. It was
almost a decade ago that I discovered that mutt (a free email client)
had the ability to skip past quoted material or hide it entirely. If
this is a problem - then please petition the authors of the software
you use to make it compatible with RFC 1855.

In the meantime - if you are going to top post, then please TRIM your
posts. I can do without needing to download five pages of content (the
email to which I'm responding, and it is not the worst offender I've
come across) to get half a page of new content  especially when I'm
on a slow mobile connection.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk