From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Phill Jenkins
Sent: mardi, 18. août 2009 00:58
To: Shawn Henry
Cc: WAI Interest Group
Subject: Re: Seeking websites revised to improve accessibility

> > > (EOWG) is looking at websites that have been revised to
>>> improve accessibility.
>>  . . . May we know what the purpose of this would be? Given
>> it's constructive . . .
>
> Thanks for the reply, Denis. I'll contact you directly to avoid
> cluttering the mailing list.
> ~Shawn

Please do share with the whole list.  or at least add me as an interested party.

How the information is used will influence how much information is shared.  For example, if WAI EOWG uses the information to find/post additional unique techniques and best practices, without linking to the whole web site is easier to do / respond to, than risking the public review (and possible debate) of the site that was improved and avoid the part that perhaps wasn't improved.  I would be also interested in more 'best practices' of chunks of HTML/Web technology examples that combine several techniques to make a complete UI component, such as a good search and results page, a good accessible sub-navigation, a good or best practice list of news articles, etc. - things that developers, authoring tools, checking tools, education, and design guides could use to make a template or example components.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,
IBM Research - Human Ability & Accessibility Center
http://www.ibm.com/able
http://www.facebook.com/IBMAccessibility
http://twitter.com/IBMAccess
Fact: IBM had 4,186 patents issued in 2008, the most in any single year and more than Microsoft, HP, EMC,  Apple, Oracle, Accenture, and Google combined.

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer:

This electronic message may contain privileged, confidential and
copyright protected information. If you have received this e-mail
by mistake, please immediately notify the sender and delete this
e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail attachments
are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.