Re: 2.4.4 Sample

Chris Reeve wrote:
> Scenario A:
>
> If I had a link to
> http://www.illinois.gov/gov/intopportunities.htm#dunn and my link title
> was "State of Illonis - Pat Quinn, Governor". they already complied with
> 2.4.4 for the requirement for downlodable material.

Their compliance with 2.4.4 is irrelevant.

You are responsible for compliance, but we would have to know why you
included that link before we could say whether you were compliant.

If your page was entitled "A List of Senior US Elected Officials", your
link might be adequate, when referring to an HTML document.  If the link
pointed to a link to a PDF document without an associated, significant,
HTML abstract, you should have linked the PDF directly, which would make
you responsible for any warnings about the nature of the content.  A
significant abstract is one that would either satisfy many users' needs
without recourse to the full PDF document, or would satisfy realistic
questions about whether or not they needed the full information.)

If your page contained names of both supporters and objectors to a
project, you might need to indicate whether they were a supporter or
objector in the link text.

--
David Woolley