Re: FOCUS VISIBLE/2.4.7

From: Richard_Userite <richard@userite.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:14:30 +0100
To: "Chris Reeve" <chrisreeve15@yahoo.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>I have a sample style sheet that has a:focus, a:active, a:hover, and a:visited all set at the same color.
>
>Does this mean that Focus Visible fails?

Yes, there is no point in having them all the same colour/style. Apart from a:active and a:focus they each have a seperate purpose and should be styled differently so that the sighted user can tell the difference. You can make the difference by using different colours of text and/or background or style (underline, or even italic etc) but do not use a different size as this distorts the page (makes content jump around). The a:active and a:focus usually are the same because they do the same job (a:active for Internet Explorer and a:focus for Netscape/Firefox).

Richard
www.userite.com
        Does this mean that Focus Visible fails?

        If it does, how do you suggest it should be changed? All of my a: links are set to #0000FF