Re: Plone CMS improvement ideas: please support accessibility

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:42:26 +0200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 18:25 2/07/2009, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Plone CMS has a voting page for improvement ideas at
><http://plone.uservoice.com/pages/20503-plone-improvement-ideas>.

Accessibility has moved up quite a bit in the ranking :-)
But it appears that Plone is looking for a new volunteer to own the
accessibility parts of Plone.
Alexander Limi (one of the developers who started Plone in 1999)
explains that this would mean:

<quote>

- Testing for accessibility problems in (preferrably before it is
released :) for every release

- Filing bugs when you find a particular accessibility problem,
preferrably with code examples on how to change the markup, so even
people that don't know much about accessibility can fix it

- Organize real-world sessions where Plone is tested with screen
readers, so people can point out the issues when they find them.
(This is aspirational, but would be very effective, I think)

You don't really need to be a programmer, but basic knowledge on HTML
and CSS is of course useful to write good bug reports.

</quote>

Any takers?

Best regards,

Christophe