UK Government Lapsing in Accessibility (National Archives)

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:04:49 +0000
To: 'wai-ig list' <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Normally governments tend to be on the better side for web accessibilty,
but I just followed a Google link to the National Archives, and, as well
as various warnings about malformed URLs in refreshes and Location
headers, I first got a page saying my browser capabilities where being
checked, then, when it refreshed (it was a meta refresh 0 redirect, so I
had to force it, as I was using Lynx) it simply said "You do not have
javascript enabled.", with no further explanation, or help, and
certainly no alternative method of accessing the material!

--
David Woolley