refresh braille video

From: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 06:25:58 +1000
To: "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi

I am due to give a couple of workshops on accessibility and wanted to show
those attending a refreshable Braille device. While there are many videos
showing screen readers in use, I noticed there are very few showing Braille
machines.

So Bruce Maguire kindly agreed to help out and I have made a 6 minute video
of him describing how and why he uses a screen reader with refreshable
Braille to access the web and he demonstrates in real time (apart from the
time taken for search results to be found) how he finds a book on Amazon.

The video along with a transcript is on my blog at
http://www.dingoaccess.com/accessibility/refreshable-braille-and-the-web/

Please feel free to use it if you think it will be helpful in spreading the
word.

Roger

Roger Hudson

Web Usability

Ph: 02 9568 1535

Mb: 0405 320 014

Email:  <mailto:rhudson@usability.com.au> rhudson@usability.com.au

Web:  <http://www.usability.com.au/> www.usability.com.au

Blog: www.dingoaccess.com

Freezer 17: The Freezer strikes when the real estate agent Alan Williams
visits the men's room at the Tuscany Restaurant.

http://www.dingoaccess.com/freezer/freezer-ep-17-tuscany-incident/