Re: accessibility supported questions

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:31:34 +0100
To: Ramón Corominas <ramon@ramoncorominas.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Ramon,
ARIA is supported in IE 8 and Firefox 3

JAWS started to support ARIA in version 7, the support was only
partial.( for example aria live region and landmark role support was
only introduced in version 10.)

But if you use JAWS 7+ with either Firefox 3 or IE8  most simple
widgets should work regardless of language.

in the case of the grid example, as with many ARIA widgets you need to
turn document mode (virtual PC cursor for JAWS) off (toggle mode with
INS + Z).

regards
Steve faulkner

--