RE: Wordle worthwhile to accessify?

From: Lois Wakeman <lois@lois.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:40:14 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Mel, you said

>I (and others) are equally convinced that a Wordle [uses a]
> graphical method to convey meta data ... Whether the alternative
> [accessible presentation] would be a true & complete equivalent
> is another matter.

What hasn't been discussed here is the 'word play' aspect of a Wordle: the
physical juxtapositions of words that can be thought-provoking, amusing, or
otherwise cause unexpected reactions in the viewer. I can't imagine a
light-touch way to accessify that aspect. This is, for me as a wordsmith,
rather an important feature. (I am not saying because it can't be totally
accessified, one should not try to get it partly so.)

Lois Wakeman