-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Loots

Matt Morgan-May  wrote:

> ... The issue is that table
> layout is easier to teach to newbies, who were the target of this

> ... Unfortunately, we can't just round them up and force all
> web designers and developers to get the CSS religion. We've wrestled
> with this for 10 years, and we may have to do it for 10 more.

speaking as a former lecturer:
once you teach someone a wrong way it normally sticks... and to undo what
has
been retained in those first few strokes of discovery will probably take 10
years. Perhaps Adobe would like to lead the way here - teach people how to
build a web-page the right way; from stroke one.
For example, why not:
1) Create a div, add some content, 2) create another one, add more content
3)
view results; 4) add some CSS 5) position one above the other; 6) position
one
inside the other; 7) position one adjacent the other; 8) now position div 2
above div 1, 9) and so on... and wow! one amazed student will marvel at the
power of CSS...

PS! IMHO: developers who build standards-based websites normally prefer
Notepad ;)