Re: WCAG2 Conformance Questions

From: Peter Thiessen <peter.thiessen@primalfusion.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:05:16 +0000
To: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Ginger,

here are a few tools:

Open Source Screen Readers that have ARIA support:
-ORCA if your running Linux: http://live.gnome.org/Orca
-NVDA if your running Windows: http://www.nvda-project.org/
-Fire Vox which is a plug-in for Firefox, is handy for Web content browsing: http://www.firevox.clcworld.net/

Conformance Testing tools
-Valid HTML: http://validator.w3.org/
-Valid CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
-WCAG2 AA conformance A-Checker: http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/index.html

 Accessible Web 2.0 content/apps are currently only possible through the WAI-ARIA specification as people have mentioned. I've written a few papers on ARIA Live Regions and would be happy give example code etc. if you could describe the widgets or behavior your trying to achieve in your Web app. I could also send links to my papers as a shameless plug :) Would people here find this off topic?

Regards
-peter