Re: MA in e-inclusion, paper, and "search and chat with icons" tool

Dear Jonathan:
Just caught your email during my return flights from Africa.  (Not home
yet!)

Congratulations!  And thank you for the links to your papers.  Your work is
sorely needed.

For your information, during our United Nations African Region meeting on
the treaty or Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities, questions
were raised about the needs of persons with learning disabilities.  I was
thinking of you throughout the conference and am very glad to hear your
news.

Congratulations again -

Cynthia Waddell

Jonathan Chetwynd writes:

> Judy and other interested parties,
>
> I have been offered a place on the MA in e-inclusion at King's  College,
> London University[1]
> this is believed to be the first course of its type.
>
> --
>
> My paper "Communication with symbols, from the web to the internet and
> beyond" [2]
> is due to be published in September's Journal of Assistive Technology.
>
> --
>
> I'm also looking for suitable opportunities to demonstrate and discuss  a
> new online tool[3]
> being developed for people with learning disabilities.
>
> regards
>

> Jonathan Chetwynd
>
> j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
> http://www.openicon.org/
>
> +44 (0) 20 7978 1764
>

> [1]
> http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/sspp/education/courses/masters/freest/inclusi
> on.html
> Does anyone know of a body which might fund the tuition fees?
>
> [2] http://www.openicon.org/SymbolCommunication.doc
>
> [3] A web chat authoring tool with icons and a search engine:
> http://www.openicon.org  a screencast or video is available.

Cynthia D. Waddell, JD
Executive Director and
Law, Policy and Technology Consultant
International Center for Disability Resources
 on the Internet (ICDRI)

ICDRI Offices in
Raleigh, North Carolina USA
www.icdri.org/CynthiaW/cynthia_waddell.htm

See my new book!
Web Accessibility:  Web Standards
and Regulatory Compliance published at
www.icdri.org/WSR_Book.htm
See also Constructing Accessible Web Sites
www.icdri.org/constructing_accessible_web_site.htm

Is your Site Accessible?
Find out now with Cynthia Says! www.cynthiasays.com
The Cynthia SaysTM portal is a joint Education and
Outreach project of ICDRI, The Internet Society
Disability and Special Needs Chapter and HiSoftware.