Re: identifying language changes

From: Armand Turpel <world@open-publisher.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:29:29 +0200
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,
Interesting! It is difficult to handle the lang attribute for some one
like me who live in a multicultural environment, where a mix of
languages is omnipresent. I even set the lang attribute for single
words. And i think this is of what the lang attribute stay for.

No idea how screen readers handle this. But my question is; should text
writers, who are attentive to web standards, care on how accessible
technologies (jaws version 5,6,7,9,...) handle texts? Is it not the job
of such technologies to make it readable for its users in a proper way?

Regards,
Armand
<http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/omnipresent.html>