RE: Template for Accessible Web Page

From: Haileselassie, Antonio O. (HQ-LM020)[InDyne, Inc] <Antonio.O.Haileselassie@nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:30:30 -0500
To: "David Dorward" <david@dorward.me.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "M. Urban" <m.urban@trilliumjazz.com>

Hmmm... that's interesting. I am not seeing the significant
accessibility concerns you are finding and am surprised that this would
be "one of the more inaccessible pages" you've seen in a while since
there are simply so many inaccessible sites out there.

Which sections did you find to be JavaScript dependant? Also, the form
elements I have come across that would require label tags have them.
There is the poll which could use a label tag, but employs the input's
"value" attribute instead.

Now, I have found that the calendar data table lacks a valid summary and
does not employ the use of the "scope" or "id" and "headers" attributes,
but, I fail to see where access is not possible.

I am certainly not defending the accessibility or inaccessibility of the
basic templates at this site, but perhaps I a missing something. I am
always open to new and valuable information. Thanks for pointing this
out.

Also, do you have alternate suggestions for more accessible templates?

Antonio O. HaileSelassie