Re: Template for Accessible Web Page

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:37:07 +0000
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "M. Urban" <m.urban@trilliumjazz.com>
To: "Haileselassie, Antonio O. (HQ-LM020)[InDyne, Inc]" <Antonio.O.Haileselassie@nasa.gov>

On 24 Mar 2008, at 18:30, Haileselassie, Antonio O. (HQ-LM020)
[InDyne, Inc] wrote:

> Which sections did you find to be JavaScript dependant?

Select element as navigation.

> Also, the form elements I have come across that would require label
> tags have them.
> There is the poll which could use a label tag, but employs the input's
> "value" attribute instead.

Which results in a tiny target area for clicks. Labels on radio
buttons and checkboxes are probably those which most benefit pointing
device users.

> Also, do you have alternate suggestions for more accessible templates?

I'd have mentioned them if I did.

A large, possibly the largest, part of accessibility comes down to
using the correct markup for the data you have. You can't simply
template that.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/