Re: Query - Street level maps for JAWS users in UK

From: Sims, Glenda L <gsims@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:12:28 -0500
To: Stuart Auton <stuart.auton@blueyonder.co.uk>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
CC: "stuartauton@exe-coll.ac.uk" <stuartauton@exe-coll.ac.uk>

Stuart,

I recommend getting in touch with Liam O'Rourke of AccessAble Systems Liam.ORourke@accessablesystems.org.
Liam is a part of the team working on an exciting accessible map project on our campus.  Lead by one of our grad students, Manasi Deshpande, this group is creating a product which will provide users with pedestrian-scale searchable maps offering detailed accessibility features such as hill gradients, curb cuts, ramps, automatic door entrances and wheelchair-accessible bathrooms.  This group received a grant to work on this project from the RGK Social Innovation Competition.

I know that they are making their product accessible to screenreaders.

Glenda Sims
UT Austin