Update on NFB v. Target

From: Cynthia Waddell <cynthia.waddell@icdri.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:33:39 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
This email is to update the list regarding the NFB v. Target web
accessibility litigation.

Today the judge in the matter has issued her opinion regarding the motion to
certify a class action.  The motion has been granted and now moves forward
as a class action on behalf of persons who are blind in California and in
the United States who have attempted to access the Target.com website and as
a result have been denied access to the enjoyment of goods and services
offered in Target stores.

ICDRI will post the opinion once permission has been granted for us to post

Best regards,

Cynthia Waddell

Cynthia D. Waddell, JD

Executive Director and

Law, Policy and Technology Consultant

International Center for Disability Resources

   on the Internet (ICDRI)

Phone:  (408) 691-6921

ICDRI is based in

Raleigh, North Carolina USA

See My New Book!

Web Accessibility:  Web Standards and

Regulatory Compliance by Apress

at www.icdri.org/WSR_Book.htm

See also Constructing Accessible Web Sites

Is your Web Site Accessible?

Find out now with Cynthia Says! www.cynthiasays.com

Endorsed by the American Council of the Blind,

the CynthiaSaysTM portal is a joint Education

and Outreach project of ICDRI, The Internet

Society Disability and Special Needs Chapter,

and HiSoftware.