data tables test page

From: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 06:38:23 +1000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "'russ - maxdesign'" <russ@maxdesign.com.au>

A couple of years ago Russ Weakley and I put together some data tables that
we asked people to test. The tables used different accessibility features
and we were keen to see which ones people found the most effective.

Anyway, the world has moved on; screen readers have got better and we
received a number of suggestions about how to improve our original tables.
As a result, we have now prepared a new page with some different tables.

We would greatly appreciate any feedback about the accessibility of these
tables - in particular which ones are more or less accessible for screen
reader users and why. Also, suggestions for how the tables could be

The test tables on page titled "Data Table Accessibility Test Update" at