Re: User Testing of Accessiblity Features

Tighe K. Lory wrote:

> So why put useless stuff on the page in the first place?  If it is there it
>
> should be useful, if it is useful, we need to know it is there.

Unfortunately, its quite often there to convey a message that isn't
supportable by the facts and may even be illegal to state explicitly.
(E.g. smoking makes you attractive to the opposite sex (although UK
advertising law does have some restrictions on imagery used in smoking
adverts, e.g. a minimum age of, I think, 26.)  Although people talk
about conveying information, the main purpose of many commercial sites
is to propagate a brand image, not to provide facts.

--
David Woolley