Re: User Testing of Accessiblity Features

From: Alastair Campbell <ac@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:36:36 +0100
To: "Tighe K. Lory" <tkl02@health.state.ny.us>
Cc: "Olivier GENDRIN" <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "WAI Interest Group list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Olivier wrote:
> you will also have to explain the graphical choises of the website,
> because a website that uses sharp lines has not the same emotive
> sense that a website that uses round corners...
>
> So it leads directly to have alt even on CSS background images,
> because of emotion...

I don't believe so. If you wanted to give a sense of the design of the
site, you would do it once, perhaps something hidden on the homepage.

I would also differentiate between content images (i.e. per image /
page), and site-wide styles. Luckily, content images are usually
foreground, whilst site 'styles' are generally templated or in the
CSS, neither of which should have descriptions.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--
Alastair Campbell         |  Director of User Experience

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html