Re: Video presentation and interview on Web accessibility

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:40:37 +0100
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Judy Brewer wrote:

> * http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/08/15/video-henry/

Does anyone know if xine has an MP4 codec, or if there is one for
Windows 98 on a 350MHz machine?  Flash is out on Slackware.

Also, this page has a flicker problem.  I don't know why, but the
background has alternating darker and lighter versions of the
colour on a per scan line basis, which is unsafe with interlaced
displays.  (For basically "green" reasons, I use a display that needs
to interlace to display 1024 x 768.  My estimate is that the
environmental cost of replacing it will be more than any energy cost

David Woolley