Re: Slightly Off topic - Dublin core value

From: Christopher Hoffman <christopher.a.hoffman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:40:54 -0500
To: "John Foliot" <foliot@wats.ca>, "WAI Interest Group list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On 1/30/07, John Foliot <foliot@wats.ca> wrote:

> Q: When declaring the value of DC.format for "traditional" web pages, two
> choices seem (to me) to be appropriate: application or multi-part.  Could
> anyone suggest a "most appropriate" choice?  I am thinking multi-part, yet
> the "definition" for application looks more specific...

application/xhtml+xml

>From RFC2046: "application -- some other kind of data, typically
either uninterpreted binary data or information to be processed by an
application." That pretty much defines a Web page as far as I can see.

And if I recall correctly, application/xhtml-xml is the W3C's
recommended media time for XHTML documents.

The definition for multi-part isn't quite so easy to grasp on perusing
the RFC. It seems to involve discreet pieces of data with very
specific boundaries, and I don't think Web pages really fit into that
definition.

Chris