RE: When should I start using WCAG 2.0?

From: Eadie, David <D.Eadie@gcal.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:56:03 -0000
To: "cstrobbe" <Christophe.Strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Christophe's e-mail reminded me that there was something I didn't quite understand about the requirements for AAA. The Last Call Working Draft includes:

"WCAG 2.0 conformance at level Triple-A (AAA) means that all Level 1,
Level 2 and at least half (50%) of the Level 3 success criteria that
apply to the content types used are met assuming user agent support for
only the technologies in the specified baseline."
My issues with the above are:

	Why only 50% of the relevant Level 3 success criteria?
	In achieving at least half (50%) of the relevant Level 3 success criteria, which of the relevant Level 3 success criteria should be met, and which can be ignored?

Dave Eadie