RE: When should I start using WCAG 2.0?

From: cstrobbe <Christophe.Strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:15:39 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Jenny, All,

Quoting Jenny Craven <J.Craven@mmu.ac.uk>:
> Could someone also confirm whether there is actually such a thing as
> a WCAG 2.0 AAA standard? I have
> looked at the current WCAG 2.0 working draft and can't find a
> reference to the A, AA, AAA
> conformance levels.

The Last Call Working Draft says that:
"WCAG 2.0 conformance at level Triple-A (AAA) means that all Level 1,
Level 2 and at least half (50%) of the Level 3 success criteria that
apply to the content types used are met assuming user agent support for
only the technologies in the specified baseline."
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/complete.html#conformance-reqs - other
conformance levels are explained in the same section)

Regarding the question when people "should" start using WCAG 2.0, I
think that depends on what they want to achieve. When WCAG 2.0 moves to
"Candidate Recommendation" (http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/
tr.html#cfi), the WCAG WG will start looking for websites implementing
the guidelines.
If you're not (yet) interested in WCAG 2.0 conformance, the "Techniques
for WCAG 2.0" (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/) can probably still
be of interest.

Best regards,

Christoophe