RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

Accessys@smart.net wrote:

> I might have seen it all but basically it was
>

> 1.  firefox

Test 1: image with alt text only

> 2.  firefox

Test 2: image with alt text and title text

> 3.  firefox

Test 3: image with alt text, title and longdesc attributes

> 4.  download firefox

Test 4: image with alt=quote, quote and title text

> 5.

Test 5: image with no alt text attribute but with title text

> 6.  [image]

Test 6: image with no alt text, no title, but longdesc attribute

> 7.  firefox

Test 7: image with alt text and longdesc attribute

> 8. (not Reported)

Test 8: image with alt=quote, quote and longdesc attribute

> from memory but that is basically all that was there.  maybe that is
> what was posted..
>
> Bob

Bob, please go back and check this, because already I notice an interesting
fact (based on your feedback).

Compare Test 4 and Test 5 results:  In Test 4 "image with alt=quote, quote
and title text" you heard the title text, yet in Test 5 "image with no alt
text attribute but with title text" you heard nothing.  Can we then presume
that if we use Title but neglect ALT text, EMACSpeak "sees" neither, yet if
we provide ALT with a null value and then Title text EMACSpeak picks this
up? This is an interesting bit of factoid...

Test 6 results were interesting as well... Were you able to determine the
LONGDESC attribute?  Were you able to access the value (it exists)?

JF